let’s see if i can take up blogging again this summer!
so much to do this summer:
- three classes, 9 credits. 1) foundations, 2) r/c (reinforced concrete), and 3) data management.
- paint the crocodile painting.
- make the ASCE UW website.
- study for the FE
- study for the GRE
- enviro research
- jam with christina on vienna teng’s gravity (lake version)
- prepare to go to bolivia
- go to bolivia
“Wikus van der Merwe is precious”:
1. who knew 30 Seconds to Mars was such a good band? you can tell how much thought they put into their music just be listening to it the first time. i really like “hurricane.” i’ve learned it on the guitar already!
2. it looks like i’m going to start training for a half-marathon. i ran two miles for the first time in two months today. took a little break in the middle, but it wasn’t as bad as i expected. going nice and slow helped. = ]
3. my name is on a paper in ads! from the research i did at AMNH two summers ago: http://adsabs.harvard.edu
4. music is fun. i got sidetracked from starting my environmental homework the day before it was due because i ran into a friend who had her guitar with her, so we played guitar and shared music until i had to go home.
sexual assault prevention tips guaranteed to work. they seem like they would really help.
1. Don’t put drugs in people’s drinks in order to control their behavior.
2. When you see someone walking by themselves, leave them alone!
3. If you pull over to help someone with car problems, remember not to assault them!
4. NEVER open an unlocked door or window uninvited.
5. If you are in an elevator and someone else gets in, DON’T ASSAULT THEM!
6. Remember, people go to laundry to do their laundry, do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
7. USE THE BUDDY SYSTEM! If you are not able to stop yourself from assaulting people, ask a friend to stay with you while you are in public.
8. Always be honest with people! Don’t pretend to be a caring friend in order to gain the trust of someone you want to assault. Consider telling them you plan to assault them. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the other person may take that as a sign that you do not plan to rape them.
9. Don’t forget: you can’t have sex with someone unless they are awake!
10. Carry a whistle! If you are worried you might assault someone “on accident” you can hand it to the person you are with, so they can blow it if you do.
“How do I know China wrecked the Copenhagen deal? I was in the room” by mark lynas.
To those who would blame Obama and rich countries in general, know this: it was China’s representative who insisted that industrialised country targets, previously agreed as an 80% cut by 2050, be taken out of the deal. “Why can’t we even mention our own targets?” demanded a furious Angela Merkel. Australia’s prime minister, Kevin Rudd, was annoyed enough to bang his microphone. Brazil’s representative too pointed out the illogicality of China’s position. Why should rich countries not announce even this unilateral cut? The Chinese delegate said no, and I watched, aghast, as Merkel threw up her hands in despair and conceded the point. Now we know why – because China bet, correctly, that Obama would get the blame for the Copenhagen accord’s lack of ambition.
evan taubenfeld (avril lavigne’s ex-lead guitarist) solves a rubiks cube for the duration of one his music videos for boy meets girl.
so awesome. now i want get my hands on a rubiks cube and learn how to do it.
i’ve been reading a lot of webdesign sites recently. came across a post full of cool infographics. 389 years ago is a good one about the progression of slavery to the election of barack obama. piggy trouble is about swine flu; i like the ‘fear of swine flu vs knowledge’ figure.
yeah… i could look at this all day.